Gary Economo interview at PDAC with Mining.com:
Annual General Meeting:
Date: Friday May 10, 2013
Location:130 Albert St
Floor 1B Varette Boardroom
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
May 22, 2013: Focus Reports High-Grade Graphite Mineralization at the Lac Guinécourt Property, Quebec: Best Grab Sample Assays Ranging From 6.36% to 45.90% Graphitic Carbon. Click here for full release.
May 3, 2013; Focus Graphite Appointment: Mr. Jeff Hussey as VP Project Development, Lac-Knife High-Grade Graphite Project. Click here for full release.
Apr 25, 2013: Focus Graphite Settles Legal Recourse. Click here for full release.
Apr 17, 2013: Focus Graphite Reports Commissioning and Start Up of Lac Knife Project Pilot Plant. Click here for full release.
Apr 16, 2013: Grafoid Inc. and the University of Waterloo Announce a JV Agreement to Develop High Performance Graphene Electrochemical Energy Systems. Click here for full release.
Apr 9, 2013: Grafoid Inc. and CapTherm Systems Inc. Joint Venture to Develop Next-Generation Graphene Cooling Systems for EV and LED Applications. Click here for the full release
The Global Graphene Race
ProEdgeWire article written by President & CEO Gary Economo. Click here to access article.
Gary Economo, President and CEO Speaks with Investing News Network
Click here to view the full interview.
Focus Graphite in International Resource Journal
Dear Shareholders and Readers,
The following link is a transcript of my presentation to Industrial Minerals’ 2nd annual gathering in London of the global graphite industry. It was also the second year Focus Graphite had the privilege of being lead sponsor for the event.
The conference provides an opportunity for representatives of the graphite industry to examine trends in markets and pricing and it provides participants with a venue to exchange information on emerging technologies and new product development.
Ultimately, it provides a forum for learning, for generating future business alliances, and for corporate positioning in a highly competitive marketplace.
My remarks contain an overview of Focus Graphite’s progress and its technology vision.
President and CEO
Focus Announces New Graphite Discovery
Focus Graphite Inc. announces the discovery of a new graphite bearing corridor on the Company’s 100%-owned Lac Tétépisca property located to the southwest of the Manicouagan reservoir, 234 km north-northwest of Baie-Comeau, Québec.
- Bedrock sampling has resulted in the identification of a 900 m long by up to 100 m wide graphite bearing corridor on the Property
- 25 grab samples define the graphitic corridor
- 17 of which host graphitic carbon* (Cgr) grades in a range or 5.59% – 45.80% Cgr.
- 8 grab samples which delineate the graphitic trend show Cgr grades below 5.00%.
Focus Releases Positive Preliminary Economic Assesment
Focus released its NI 43-101 compliant Preliminary Economic Assessment on October 31, 2012 on its Lac Knife Graphite Project. The PEA demonstrates that the Project has robust economics and excellent potential to become a profitable producer of graphite.
- Proposed Life of Mine production of 6.0 million tonnes of mill feed at a grade of 15.66% graphitic carbon
- Mine Life of 20 years, open pit operation at 300,000 tonnes per year
- Average graphite recovery of 91.3% at Lac Knife process plant
- Life of Mine production of 928,000 tonnes of concentrate at 92% Cgr on average, or approximately 46,600 tonnes of concentrate per annum
- Thermal purification upgrade of approximately 40% of the primary concentrate to 99.99% Cgr by an existing producer with inherent purification losses of 15%
- Life of Mine Project production of 868,000 tonnes of concentrate at 93.5% Cgr on average, including 338,000 tonnes of high purity 99.95% Cgr product
- $246 million pre-tax Net Present Value (NPV) (at a 10% discount rate)
- 32% pre-tax Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- $926 million pre-tax undiscounted cash flow
- $3.7 billion total net revenue
- Pre-tax payback period of 2.8 years
- $154 million initial capital cost, inclusive of $33 million and $24 million in working capital and contingency (25%), respectively
- $68 per tonne average unit operating cost at Lac Knife
- $435 per tonne average unit operating cost, assuming thermal purification on a contract basis
PEA economics for the Project calculated based on graphite market prices of $10,000, $1,300, and $800 per tonne of battery grade (>99.95% Cgr, +100 mesh), medium grade (>90% Cgr, -100+200 mesh) and fine grade (>80% Cgr, -200 mesh) respectively, on a FOB mine basis
About Focus Graphite
Focus Graphite Inc. is a Canadian junior explorer and owner of the 15.99% graphitic carbon Lac Knife crystalline flake graphite deposit located in the Côte Nord region of Quebec.
Focus Graphite is fast-tracking the exploration program at Lac Knife with the aim of developing one of the lowest cost producers of industrial and technology-grade graphite in the world. A NI 43-101 compliant resource estimate on the project was completed in December 2011 and PEA in October 2012.
As a junior explorer with significant cash holdings, our company is poised to assume a leading position for graphite supply on a global scale and plans an aggressive program of acquisition, mergers and joint-venturing.
Focus Graphite management has a history of success in commercial and technology development and innovation. Our board of directors is engaged, active and focused on shaping a result-driven business course that applies a core principle of building shareholder value in all activities.
We are committed to attaining the highest levels of corporate, financial, technical, environmental and socially-responsible standards.